Discover Medical London and Discover More are committed to maintaining your privacy.
Our Privacy Statement has been created because we value our customers, the individuals we keep up to date about the events that we (and our partners) run, and members of the media we contact regarding matters that may be of professional interest to them.
We also recognise your right to keep your personal information private.
This statement discloses information gathering and dissemination practices for Discover Medical London and Discover More (occasionally working with, or on behalf of, the Royal College of Physicians).
Collecting information on visitors to discovermedicallondon.com and wediscovermore.com
Discover Medical London and Discover more collect information on our site visitors collectively including:
- which sections of the site are most frequently visited,
- how often and for how long.
This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information. We utilise this information to improve and enhance our services by monitoring the areas on the site which are most popular to you. This aggregated information may be shared with partners to provide them with an overview of how our visitors use the site. This is done for the purposes of providing you with a more efficient site.
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Cookies & Applets
Collecting information from individuals who have elected to purchase services from us or asked to be kept informed of our activities (and those of our partners)
As part of doing business with us or asking to receive information on our activities we collect personal information about you in order to be able to fulfil your requests. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information as detailed below.
Opting in to receive information or doing business with us
As a member of the public, opting in to receive information from us about our activities (or those of our partners) is completely optional. Likewise, sharing information with us when doing business or purchasing a service is purely voluntary.
- We do not require registering with us on our website or mailing lists when doing business with us
- We do collect a record of your electronic request to be kept informed of our activities (or those of our partners).
- Media professionals who place their contact information in the public domain may have certain personal information held on our media lists without their prior consent. This is solely for the purpose of keeping them informed of our activities which may be of professional use to the and, as such, is a legitimate use.
The information we hold for those members of the public with whom we have done business, or who we keep informed of our activities may include he following:
- your name
- email address
- telephone numbers
For members of the media, we may also hold some (or all) of the following information as a matter of course in addition to the above:
- your role (e.g. journalist, editor, producer)
- your principal place of work (e.g. publication, website, production company)
- any additional places of work
- your publicly expressed professional interests
Credit Card and Financial Details
Credit Card payments are managed on our behalf by PayPal.com
At no point will we ever request, store or use your card details.
For more information on PayPal.com and privacy see their website at https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
Records of transactions are held in order to satisfy the requirements of HMRC, other department and agencies of HMG in the UK and similar agencies in other EU countries and the countries of origin of clients.
This information is held for the statutory required period plus five years.
Discover Medical London and Discover More provide regular email updates on the products, services and events offered by ourselves (and, on occasion, the Royal College of Physicians). This free service is provided only to those who have requested to receive this information, and each communication provides the option of opting out of receiving further information by 1-click opt out on the bottom of each email.
The option to opt out applies to everybody. However, members of the media who continue to place their contact information in the public domain may receive information in the future which specifically aligns with their publicly declared areas of professional interest. This is a legitimate use of their information.
Storage & Security of Personal Information
Discover Medical London and Discover More take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system allows you to access your information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date. Any information which we hold for you is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Discover Medical London and Discover More. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information. You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any communications you have with us.
Access to your Information
Discover Medical London and Discover More do not collect information that identifies you personally as a matter of course. If however, you do business with us, ask to receive information on our activities or are a member of the media (as described above), we will store your information. If you would like us to amend, remove or update the information we hold on you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information you provide to us
There may be instances when you are asked to provide us with information that could be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, address, email address, credit card information and telephone number. This may occur if you choose to do business with us, ask to receive information on our activities or are a member of the media, additionally if you engage with surveys, promotional materials and other site features. We will treat this information as personal data and treat it in accordance with relevant laws. Please do not submit this information or provide it to us if you do not want your personal information processed by Discover Medical London and Discover More. Please note that any information you pass to us may be processed by organisations outside of the European Economic Area, although it will be held in line with UK data protection requirements. By communicating electronically with us, you confirm that you agree to and acknowledge our processing of personal data in this manner.
Our obligations under the DPA & GDPR mean:
- Data is only ever used for the reasons it was gathered;
- Customers have the right to access any data we hold about them;
- We cannot release a person’s data without their express consent, unless there is a lawful reason for us to do so;
- We do not keep personal data for any longer than is necessary;
- All personal data is kept up-to-date as far as is possible;
- Customers have the right to request that any incorrect information is amended and to have their requests adhered to;
- Personal data is not transferred to parties outside of the European Economic Area unless the individual the data relates to has given their express consent, or unless there are adequate protections in place for the transference of this data;
- We have appropriate organisational and technical measures in place for the proper holding of personal data, including appropriate staff training and technical security features;
- Recordings of any calls made or received by our staff are properly monitored, handled and destroyed to ensure people’s personal information remains confidential;
- We meet DPA requirements for our employees as well as for our customers and the general public.
Use of personal information
Personal information collected is used for the purposes of:
- Providing information about services and products,
- Personalising services,
- Providing services,
- Handling requests and enquiries,
- Administering accounts and orders relating to customers and suppliers, and
- Administering membership records.
- Keeping members of the media informed of our activities (and those of our partners) that align with their areas of professional interest.
We do not store our customer’s financial details.
We will only disclose data when obliged to disclose personal data by law, or when the disclosure is necessary for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or when we have your consent, and to the following:
- Business partners,
- Other partnership companies,
- Suppliers, and
- Successors in title to our business.
In some instances you may provide comments to us regarding our services. These comments may be displayed on our websites to other users, if you do not wish for your comments to be displayed please email email@example.com and we will remove your comments.
Privacy & Site Changes
From time to time, Discover Medical London and Discover More may review and update its privacy statement. Revised versions will be updated on the website.
You have the right to access any personal information we hold about you. Please write to Discover Medical London/Discover More, 106 Eton Hall, Eton College Road, London, NW3 2DN to obtain a copy of this information. Please note you may be charged up to £10 for this data. You can also request a copy of your information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any information you provide to us through this email address will be used in accordance with the duties and responsibilities of the Data Protection Act 1998.